Length: Eleven Minutes
Producer: Oscar Dufau, William Hanna, and Joseph Barbera
Released: November 20, 1982
Studio: Hanna-Barbera Productions and King World Productions
- B.J. Ward as Butch
- Julie McWhirter Dees as Alfalfa Switzer, Porky, and The Woim
- Patty Maloney as Darla Hood
- Peter Cullen as Pete the Pup
- Scott Menville as Spanky McFarland
- Shavar Ross as Buckwheat Thomas
Plot: Alfalfa forms a detective agency, and brings Buckwheat and Porky on board as his deputies. Darla reports that her doll, Jennifer, is missing. While looking for clues, the kids run into Butch who suggests Spanky may have had something to do with the doll. The Rascals (with the exception of Darla) grow suspicious of their pal, eventually believing that he may a diamond smuggler. The kids follow Spanky, who is behaving rather strangely. In the end, Spanky reveals that he was planning a surprise birthday party for Alfalfa, and was generous enough to get presents for all of the Rascals, including a new dress for Darla's doll.
- Originally aired with Cap'n Spanky's Showboat and Go Cart Go.
- A slight reworking of Hide And Shriek, with the detective names and hats for Alfalfa, Buckwheat, and Porky retained.