Length: One Reel
Director: Herbert Glazer
Photography: Jackson Rose
Editor: Leon Bourgeau
Writer: Robert A. McGowan and Hal Law
Released: September 18, 1943
- Dick Rich - Pete
- Emmett O'Connor - Police Officer
- Mark Daniels - Photographer
- Norman Willis - Joe the Burglar
- Robert Ferrero - Paper Boy
Plot: The Greenpoint Department Store is staging a murder mystery promotion. They have a display set with dummies and clues with $100 prize money offered to the winner who accurately solves the mystery. With the crowds standing around studying the clues, the Rascals can never get close enough to study the scene so they ask the janitor to let them spend time after hours to study the scene. However, thy also over hear him getting killed by burglars breaking into the store to rob the safe. They dump his body in the window and capture the gang, but for Janet Burston who has hidden. She tries to get the police to help, but when they won't take her word for it, she rounds up all the kids to mount a rescue. In the end, it's the police coming to rescue the burglars from the kids.
- Buckwheat - "If you fellows kill us, we'll haunt you the rest of your lives."
Mickey - " Yep. And we'll get all the other ghosts to help us, too."
- Maltin and Bann criticized this short for being too unbelievable and poorly executed.